Monday, August 23, 2010

Rally Around

I have 10 pieces donated to the 'Through The Pain' benefit for Matthew Leone. For sale at the Double Door, & Hard Rock this past Friday & Saturday, August 20, 21st. Hopefully they sold. I unfortunately couldn't make it to the shows, which looking amazing by the way. Former q101 radio host, and current JBTV host Ryan Manno & crew put together an amazing lineup. Dozens of musicains & bands donated some extremely rare, and some one-of-a-kind items that were auctioned off. (For example, a prototype guitar for the guitarist from Disturbed. So literally, only one exists, this guy was generous enough to give it up in order to raise money for a fellow musician.)
Ryan was kind enough to let me donate some CD artwork that had been shown at 'Artapalooza' last year.



For those of you who don't know, or didn't hear about this:
On July 6th, Madina Lake bassist Matthew Leone came to the aid of a woman being physically assaulted by her husband on the 1300 block of West Ohio Street. After intervening and calling Chicago police, Leone was beaten by the man and left unconscious in the street. Matthew’s brain injuries were so severe that multiple surgeries have been required to remove portions of his skull. Matthew does not have medical insurance and is currently recovering at home.

As soon as I read this, I knew I had to do something.
So many people rallied to support this cause, at times, it rendered me speechless.
My best wishes to Matthew and his recovery, and my thanks goes out to Ryan Manno for allowing me to do participate in something amazing.

From what I've heard, the concerts were a huge success and tons of fun. I wish I could have been there to see it.
Read more about Matthew, his band Madina Lake & Through The Pain at their sites.
Be excellent to each other!
--Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks! You're awesome!